Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

Leaving Silas to the mercy of the whoever is left on the ship and my crew to their panic, I focus on a series of mathematical algorithms to calculate just where the rays will hit the two ships my crew are aboard and how to best shield them.

I calculate a rather complex solution with only two earth minutes to spare.

When those two earth minutes are up, I veer my private ship far right, going between where my host ship has caught up with me and the first blast from the sun.

My small ship threatens to fly backward from the force, but I hold her steady despite all the alarms that start sounding around me.

The ship Silas is in takes a critical hit, stilling it in space, but they put their sun shields up immediately after.

And my host ship continues toward Silas’s ship, unaffected by this blast.

But the next one is coming.

I calculate the trajectory of where this blast will collide with where my ship is moving, and maneuver my little ship to the location. Because the ship is so small, it has not shut down to protect itself.

But also due to its small size, there is no sun shield installed to protect itself with. It was not meant for deep space travel.

That is appropriate, though, since this ship will not be traveling much deeper. I have a different function in mind, one that the creators also did not have in mind when creating it.

But my creator did when creating me.

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack