Agents:

Audiobook Review: Perception & Deception by Andrea Hintz

 


Based on the number one best-selling spy series! A full-cast, cinematic-style audiobook (or audio drama). Romance, action, suspense, and intrigue...a small-town grocery store owner's simple life begins to teeter towards something perilous after a beautiful undercover agent moves into town....

Note From the author: Thank you, Jesus, for bringing me an incredible group of readers and listeners who have supported this series from the very beginning! (Andrea Hintz)

Ashton Mathis lives in a rural yet cliquey town in Vermont. As the owner of the town's only grocery store, his life is successfully simple. But life begins to teeter towards something unusual after a strange yet beautiful woman named Felix moves into town. Swearing he will marry this girl someday, his pursuit of her proves to be successful...until she suddenly dumps him and he gets attacked in an alley. His rescuer is, surprisingly, Felix herself, revealing that she's really a special agent for a top-secret division of the FBI and has blown her cover. Ashton suddenly finds himself thrown into a mission involving destructive weapons blueprints that could lead to worldwide catastrophe, running from the bad guys who are now after Felix and himself, and trying to win back the heart of this dangerous woman.

Rated PG. No inappropriate or sexual content. No foul language. Minimal violence. Fun for the whole family.

Listen to a sample 

Review:


I read Perception and Deception years ago, and every other book in the series since. So I was very excited for the cinematic audiobook experience. And boy was it an experience!

I've never listened to an audio-drama before, and was excited to hear the full cast. I wasn't expecting how good the special effects, and even the background music was going to be. It all sounded so cool, and really immersed me back into the story. 

The story itself is great, and I love the character interaction and the small town to on-the-run vibes. I especially love that it's a squeaky clean spy adventure, because I can't get enough of those. 

I recommend this audiobook to all lovers of story at all ages, even those who don't normally listen to audiobooks (like me).

I received a copy of this audiobook from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own. 

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack