Agents:

Review of A Cheesecake Christmas by Deb Goodman


Theo may be a handsome hurricane, womanizing everyone in his path. That doesn’t mean Aria will get caught up in his storm.


I’ve had a secret obsession most of my life: I want to run our town’s huge Christmas festival. I must have a thing for power and those tacky Christmas blazers the committee members wear. This year, it's in trouble, and I'm called up to help save it. The only downside? Theo Carter is the other half of this co-hosting gig.

Theo is maddening—an eager, energetic puppy who doesn’t seem to care that I’m not interested or that I have a long-distance boyfriend. I don’t even know why he’s pursuing me since I maybe, sorta caused his public break up.

Whoops!

Now, not only am I around him for the festival, but he’s moved his law office right next to my apartment above the bakeshop. And we share a very thin wall. Just when I think he might be more than a playboy lawyer with the BMW to match, I panic.

Because if my family has taught me anything about love, it’s that it’s messy, loud, and painful, and I can’t have that. I need someone safe and predictable.

Theo is anything but safe and predictable.

And if I fall for him, I’ll be wrecked for good.

A Cheesecake Christmas is a small-town romcom with all of the swoon and none of the spice! It's a charming, enemies-to-lovers story about a Hallmark-like Christmas festival that needs saving.
 
I absolutely loved the chemistry between Theo and Aria. After a couple years of attraction on his part and antagonism on hers, they are finally forced together to save the Christmas festival for the town. 
I loved getting to read about them individually dealing with their family issues, job stresses, and dreams. But I enjoyed even more watching them discover what a great team they made. Also, their communicating through the shared wall was adorable.

Note to more sensitive readers: nothing notable.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

If you're looking for something a Christmas rom-com sweeter than cheesecake, this one is for you!

 Check it out on Amazon








Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack