Agents:

Spiritual Warfare Team Report

A review of Sean Elliot Russell's Jesus Boy:

This was a very different sort of book. The writing was almost lyrical, and it went where few books go: the spiritual realm. The author also entwined Christian themes in what may have been the preachiest way ever yet in a way that might still fascinate a non-Christian. Especially looking at the way a boy so dedicated to Jesus, yet so distracted by the girl who seems to be at the center of some very bad things... (I'm a sucker for good boy/bad girl romances). The story made me cry and shudder in turn.

(What Joshua should have been like:)


For Christians, this can be a good beginning to a discussion on whether or not Gods still does obvious miracles through His people or not. Now that we have His complete Word, it is certainly not the main way He proves His truth like it was in New Testament times. But I've read enough missionary stories so that even if I have not witnessed such a thing personally, miracles still happen- especially in the darkest depths of spiritual thresholds.



And for non-Christians, you should read it to. You might be pleasantly surprised. I was.



I received a copy from the author, and the opinions are my own.

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack