Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water


The height of the stakes here hit me in the face. My twelve year-old sister is not only somewhere outside the palace and certainly without any guards or chaperons, trying to harness her ability to travel the waves to any time era.
She could be anywhere, any when, by now.
Panic begins to swim in my mind, but I clench my fists and banish it to the darkest reaches of my brain. I am firstborn, it is my responsibility to remain calm and come up with the plan for rescuing Lena.
"We should tell Father," Priscilla says, already wincing at the thought.
I shake my head. "He's called a Council right now. To disrupt it for a wayward daughter would look bad on the whole family. And if she's already hit a time-stream, he won't be able to go after her anyway."
Indeed, of all of us royal females whose blood harnesses this ability, including only myself and my six younger sisters, I hold the best grasp over it.

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack