Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water

“Everything looks good,” I hear the doctor telling James in the corner of the room. “There was one irregularity, though.”

I suck in my breath, waiting for the doctor to scare away my benefactor- and the man I still need to convince loves me.

“Yes?” James asks, alert and ready.

But no ready to find out I somehow have a pair of fin hidden in my feet. Or scales lying under my skin. Or a pair of retractable gills Cerce somehow made not there when I needed them.

But how far could her magic have banished them, really?

“But her blood level is showing a particularly high omega-3.”

“You mean, like the vitamin?”

The doctor nods. “She has 3.6-fold higher percentage of it in her blood than found in most adults.”

“What? Why?”

Shrugging, the doctor glances back at me, and then to James. “Does she eat a lot of fish?”

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack