Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water

 

“You’re telling me you have a hole in this ship, and still you are stupid enough to take it to sea? Do you not remember the last time you almost drowned?”

“It’s a porthole, not a straight up hole.” Brandon frowns back at me, where I’m swimming in place behind him, my tail coming out of his shirt.

“And the difference is?”

“This is supposed to be here.”

“So, all humans are stupid and reckless as you, then?”

He stops fighting with the glass circle on the ship several fins up from the water- which is impressive since he climbed up there in wet clothing after swimming all the way over here- and glares down at me. “Do you mind? I’m trying to concentrate.”

“I do, in fact, mind.”

“Well, pardon me. I’m not exactly enjoying this little reunion myself.”

I cross my arms.

He goes back to messing with the window, muttering to himself. “It couldn’t have happened on a worse day for me.”

“I haven’t had a good day since this curse, so…”

“Look, I’m sorry about that.” Brandon grunt as the window gives way and he falls forward a bit. But he catches himself and then reaches down for me.

Backing up, I take a swimming start and then leap out of the water in a perfect dolphin maneuver.

Brandon catches my hand to keep me from falling back into the water, but fails to prevent me from slamming my face into the hull of the ship.

“Not a good day,” I mutter as he pulls me up the rest of the way to the hole in the ship.

It’s not a very big hole, but I’m not about to let that stop me, and I slither through before falling and hitting the ground on the other side.

Before I can turn to help Brandon in, the transformation begins anew.

Read more on Wattpad 

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack