Agents:

Review of The Art of Falling in Love with Your Best Friend by Anne Kemp

We all know how this goes. Girl likes boy, a lot, but the boy? He’s out of her league.

The realization that you’ve fallen for your best friend is, for me, pretty scary.

It’s not that Reid is all the way in the stratosphere out of my league, it’s more like I want to get it together so I’m not the one who feels so inadequate.

But when I take ten steps forward, I’m shoved twenty steps back and left wondering if we’d be a good match in the end. And I want the best for my friend…even if that means it’s not me.

Yet the thought of him with anyone else makes me crazy and I want to run screaming into the Blue Ridge Mountains. The thing is, if I don’t get over myself I’m probably going to not only lose my best friend, but my chance at true love…

The Art of Falling for Your Best Friend is a laugh-out-loud, heartwarming romcom with an anxious main character, a cinnamon roll hero, and a cute terrier named Max. Chemistry and tension collide in this closed-door romance!

Check it out on Amazon

This is my second read from this author, and she is definitely on-brand for sweet, clean rom-coms with lots of fun tropes to help escape life for a while.
I met these two in the last book, and was excited to read their story. Friends to lovers is always fun. Both knew they liked the other, and, to be honest, so did everyone else in town. Their chemistry was undeniable. But the heroine still tried, even when the hero was doing his best to point out the elephant in the room.
Concerning that, I could really relate to the heroine, dealing with anxiety as she was. However, I did not understand how her inferiority complex could latch onto her father's debt and use it as a reason to make herself feel unworthy of the hero's love. I mean, even her father was dating, so why couldn't she? I understand being too stressed out and needing to focus on just one thing, but that's entirely different from trying to push the man you love off on someone else because of family drama.
As for the hero, I loved him and is sense of humor. He had a really fun alter ego, and I always love alter egos. All around, it was fun watching these two develop their respective relationships with their family, friends, and own futures as well as their own relationship with each other.
Note to more sensitive readers: I can't think of anything objectionable. 
I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.
This book is perfect for anyone looking for a clean, breezy rom-com.
And don't forget what's coming on Sunday! 
She's a noblewoman turned thief.
He's the Sacred Prince.
Neither recall being betrothed.


When Elspeth loses everything in one night for the crime of being born an elf, she wants vengeance. Forced to resort to banditry in order to survive, her forest becomes a safe haven for others dismissed by the Empire. But becoming the Bandit Queen isn't enough to compensate for the castle she lost; only the royal palace will do. To become the Empress, though, she first needs to save the Sacred Prince.

After a devastating decree, Prince Otello intends to put his empire to rights and make restitution. If that means taking on a false name to better investigate the crimes committed against the elves, so be it. Perhaps he can even locate the noblewoman who plagues his dreams like a lost memory. The last thing he anticipates, though, is the vexing maiden on the wrong side of the law — and his own growing desire to rescue her from the clutches of the Bandit King.

A prophecy of destruction tore them apart. Now a vision of doom will unite them.

The beginning of an epic closed-door romantic fantasy that's Robin Hood meets King Arthur as the fate of an empire is shaped by two stubborn lovers. Perfect for fans of Shari L. Tapscott, Alisha Klapheke, and Elise Kova.

Survive the Empire.
Save the Prince.
Secure the Throne.

 
 

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack