Agents:

Review of Fake Fiance at First Sight by Kristine W. Joy

I can't believe I'm at the point in my life where I need to convince a stranger to pretend to be my fiancée.

My publicist came up with the idea to hire a fake fiancée to improve my bad-boy reputation and “win over the hearts and minds of fans.”

But I'm the one who impulsively decided to bring one home with me for my brother's vow renewal.

Because the only people I’m interested in “winning over” are my small-town family.

There’s just something about this woman that makes me want to be on my best behavior.

I’m becoming more and more drawn to her with every touch.

Suddenly, nothing about our arrangement feels fake.

But I’m not convinced she’ll ever see me as anything more than a lie.

I’m not sure I’m even good enough for her … but everything in me wants to be the man she deserves.

Now it’s no longer just about winning over my family’s heart, but winning over hers.

Fake Fiancé at First Sight is a small-town, fake fiancé, celebrity rockstar romantic comedy full of sizzling chemistry while keeping the bedroom door closed. It's the fourth and final standalone story in Kristine W. Joy's sweet romcom series following the Brothers of Lucky Seven Ranch.

Check it out on Goodreads 


I already read one of the previous books in this series, so it was fun to return to the ranch. Tropes include fake relationship, rock star romance, and reformed bad boy.

I love fake relationships because it builds a secret bond between two people trying specifically to NOT form a bond. And these two already had an instant connection, though they are quick to stash it behind everything else. I loved the heroine being an indie author who loves dogs and plants. It was also great that she had darkness in her past and wasn't just an innocent to counter the hero's more bad boy background. I also liked that he's already on his path to being a better man when he meets her and she's an encouragor rather than a catalyst. Both of them were divorced, unfortunately, but there was no chance of reconciliation with their first spouses since his remarried and hers was a cheater.

Note to more sensitive readers: some innuendos.

A fun rom-com with favorite tropes.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

 Check it out on Amazon



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack