Agents:

Review of Witchever Way You Go by Anne William


 
Two hearts. Two holidays. One enchanting house swap.


Whoever said "opposites attract" clearly never met me, Emma Starling, a friendly witch with a house spookier than your ex's ghosting skills.

I may have listed my charming home on a house-swap website, but nobody has contacted me, until now. Enter Oliver "Mr. Deck the Halls in October" Green. He’s both insanely attractive and insane for transforming his place into a gingerbread house before Halloween. As our worlds collide through amusing texts and a trail of dares, it’s clear this house swap is about to take an enchanting twist.
 
Despite all odds, we've got more chemistry than a cauldron. Those sparks flying, aren’t just from our clashing personalities. But I can’t shake the fear that my witchy secret will extinguish the heat between us. Honestly, my love life could use a spell or two, but I refuse to change who I am. And most guys, can’t handle who, or what, I am. Oliver is not like most guys (though I’m still not convinced he’s not Santa, himself). Maybe, just maybe, there’s a chance this witch will find love in the unlikeliest of places.
 
Witchever Way You Go is a feel-good paranormal romcom that is sweet but has all the sizzle, swoon, and happily ever after you're guaranteed to love. Buckle up on your broomstick, because this is absolutely a ride that'll sleigh you!

I do not normally read books about witches because it makes me uncomfortable. However, this book does not feature any actual witchcraft, just made-up magic with Hollywood witch aesthetics like Bewitched, so I was able to enjoy it considerably. Speaking of aesthetics, this book felt like a fun homage to the aesthetics of Halloween, Christmas, and even Thanksgiving. It was like shopping in Hobby Lobby without spending any money and strangely therapeutic somehow.

As for the characters, I loved Emma and Oliver (and his little niece). They were both so sweet and innocent, as was there romance. Except for a love potion mishap, their love story was super wholesome and adorable. The concept of a house swap is completely new to me, so that was fun to learn about, too. Also, the ending was just perfect!

Note to more sensitive readers: some innuendos.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

The perfect sweet-and-not-too-spooky read for October and beyond.

 Check it out on Amazon





Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack