Agents:

Review of Just a Grumpy Boss by Deb Goodman

Sebastian Tate’s a hot, grumpy boss trying to push his company to the next level... and in a comedy of errors not even Shakespeare could write, I'm now his assistant.

My theater history career goals might seem odd to some, but hey, life’s too short not to follow your dreams. Still, when my beloved beachside theater is deemed unsafe and I lose my job, my brother calls in a favor. I have no choice but to work as Sebastian’s executive assistant.

Sebastian is grouchy and demanding—too handsome for his own good. Haunted by the past, he can’t risk a relationship with anyone.

I’ll be going back home to California soon, anyway. My whole life is there. Keeping things professional between us will be no problem.

But when he accepts my help to fine tune the company’s charitable efforts, our long working hours become even longer. Suddenly, I have a front-row seat to another side of him. The man’s dedication to his family is charming. His frosty demeanor? Slowly melting. His unlikely kindness? Making me wonder if love isn’t just for poets.

Except, I don’t want to fall for him. I really don’t.

Can someone please tell my heart that?

Just a Grumpy Boss is a sweet, small-town romantic comedy with all of the sizzle and none of the spice! It’s the third book in the Tate Brothers series, which chronicles all six Tate brothers' pathways to love at their resort in the idyllic, quirky small town of Longdale, Colorado.

Check it out on Goodreads 


This is my second Tate brothers romance, and while I enjoyed the previous one, I loved this one even more. It includes some of my favorite tropes of grumpy/sunshine and boss/assistant. Also, I usually like the stories about the eldest siblings most in these kinds of series, so that helps too.

These two had great chemistry from the start, and the shenanigans they get into are hilarious. I also really appreciated it that the characters made it clear that while they remained close to each other before they married, they lived in separate residences. Also, even though the eldest brother's story is done, I am intrigued to learn more about the next brother. I had a lot of fun reading this book and enjoy the series as a whole.

Note to more sensitive readers: nothing objectionable that I can think of.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

A sweet and swoony rom-com for some fun escapism.

 Check it out on Amazon

 




Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack