Agents:

The Awesome Team Report I

Review of C. J. Hill's Rise of the Dragon Lords (Slayers #4)



Before you read on in this review, know that this is the fourth book in the series. I won't spoil this book, but there will be spoilers from the rest of the Slayers series. You have been warned.

So, after much tossing back and forth for the first three books, I finally made up my mind at the end of the third. I am team Dirk.

This book did not change my mind on that. Of course, I still love Jesse, and feel terrible for him. But ever since Dirk got kidnapped by a dragon in his car, I was going down a slippery slope with him. Now I am too far gone.

And I can only hope his father doesn't take him down a different sort of slippery slope...

Anyway, love triangle aside, though that is a very well done aspect of the book, I also love the team dynamics. The world building. The rules that the author has put in place and respects. The spy games. The political intrigue. The action sequences. The snarky humor. Basically, the everything.

I love this series, and can't wait for the next book even if I don't want the series to end!

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack