Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water

 

When I slip out of the room, I find to my dismay, that everyone besides my ‘boyfriend’ has also done so.

Cecilia looks up from her tight press between the two Bens, and a sinister look crosses her expression that wouldn’t be out of place on Cerce’s visage. But then that expression is gone faster than an unsecured canvas in a whirlpool.

“Oh, Astrid!” she cries in a delight I’m sure fools the boys as she rushes for me and pretends to put her arms around me when she doesn’t. Imitates two kisses that never touch my skin.

It’s just as well. They say a liar’s touch always burns.

“Anyway, as I’m sure you know...” Cecilia smirks at me, as though waiting for me to admit that I don’t know whatever it is I’m supposed to be aware of after all.

She doesn’t continue, so I just nod that I do, in fact, know of this particular mysterious facet of wisdom.

 

 Read more on Wattpad

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack