Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


“So…”

I look up from my focus on the ship to analyze its basic functions to make sure nothing more breaks before we can land on Eros.

The speaker of that ‘so’ glances around at the other crew mates at the table.

Groaning, Killa tears her tired gaze up from the protein meal in front of her. “What, Nicholas?”

“This has been some kind of day, huh?” Nicholas grins, like he came up with some great, wise words.

Orion wearily checks his special watch to see if it really has been an earth day since everything started falling apart on the ship.

Rose grunts as she moves into the room to gather enough m for her, her patient, and her patient’s father to eat in the medical bay.

“How far out are we from Eros?” Killa mumbles, looking down at her food on her fork like she only wishes she had the energy to bring it to her mouth.

“I calculate twelve hours in earth time,” I answer. “Enough time for everyone to get some rest.”

Orion grunts. Apparently, exhaustion has de-evolved the humans. “In that case, I had better deliver Wayta her meal so that I actually can get some sleep.”

“No, you’re going back to bed, captain.” I give him that Look to make sure he knows this is not an arguing matter.

Narrowing his eyes, Orion shoves another bite of food into his mouth.

Nicholas chokes on his food in a weak attempt at laughter. “Wow, who’s the captain here?”

“Me,” Orion snaps. “And you’ll be cleaning up this mess hall before you get shut-eye, Nick.”

Batting his eyes, Nicholas turns to me. “Can’t you overturn my company, first mate Alicia Ivy?”

“You should also sanitize the men’s restroom when you’re done,” I add.

Read more on Wattpad 

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack