Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water

Looking bewildered, James looks at me, and I look back at him.

Finally, he sighs and carries a bag over to my bedside. “Here’s a change of clothes, Astrid. If you’re feeling strong enough, go ahead and change while I search out Brandon. Or I can call you a nurse to help you.”

The thought of being reduced to a child that needs assistance in dressing has me lifting my nose. “I’m strong enough.” I’m always strong enough. Queens and big sisters have to be, after all.

James nods, closes the curtain of privacy- what little it is- behind him.

Sitting up, I shove off my sheets and grab the soft breeches that James left and slip it on. Then I clutch the strange material of the gown that doesn’t deserve the name and rip it off before quickly putting on the matching soft shirt.

Human clothing is bizarre, but their elements are more merciful than under the ocean, I suppose.

“James, are you in here?”

I startle and almost fall off the bed with a gasp.

Suddenly, Brandon is rushing through the curtain and grasping my arms to keep me from face-planting.

I glance up at him and find him as startled as me, his face just inches away.

But kissing doesn’t seem to be helping.

Read more in Wattpad 


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack