Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

Back in focus on Silas, I determine that he’s still in the same location on the ship, even though he’s moved several Miles per MiliLightspeed through space. Silas is still unconscious.

And the man who kidnapped him is still leering at him.

I examine the rest of the scene and note that Silas isn’t just tied to a chair, but to a table. And a box of medical and mechanical tools are sitting next to it.

Surely, he’s not planning on beginning the amputations in transit. He could damage the merchandise, let alone Silas, not that he is likely to care about the boy’s wellbeing.

As the man turns on the buzz saw and watches it with an emotion I long ago categorized under completely different circumstances as glee, though, I begin a reassessment.

This is not the type of man who thinks far enough ahead about whether something will be damaged or not, only about getting what he wants immediately.

With this new assessment in place, I scrap my old plan attack and create a new one.

Silas’s robotic arm shoots up and grabs the hand holding the buzz saw.

The man who captured Silas looks down at the arm, an expression Nicholas taught me means dumbstruck on his face, and then just plain dumb.

 Read more on Wattpad


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack