Agents:

Review of Censor(shipped) by Savannah Scott


I am finally over my crush on Duke. Completely done.

Duke’s always been like a big brother to me … a big brother with abs of steel, a heart of gold, and those dimples that make my heart rate double whenever he smiles.

As far as Duke's concerned, I’ll always be his best friend Chris’ little sister—the little girl who dunked his Darth Vader action figure in Elmers glue and glitter.

Even if Duke noticed me, it wouldn’t matter. I’m so off limits, I may as well be wearing an outfit made entirely of caution tape. We both know Chris would enlist a special ops tactical team to hunt Duke down if he ever pursued anything beyond friendship with me.

Good thing I’m over Duke. One hundred percent attraction-free, that’s me. Well, mostly … until I accidentally send him one of my usual scrambled texts (thank you, autocorrect) … and he thinks I’m hitting on him.

I’m mortified enough to momentarily consider relocating someplace obscure like Greenland. I can never show my face around town again. I’ll buy a parka and an ice pick and learn to love fish. A lot.

But then Duke answers my text …
Am I dreaming? He’s not mad. He’s not even making fun of me.
In fact, it seems like he might be flirting back

I guess I might not be completely over this crush after all.

Just don’t tell my brother.

Check it out on Amazon 

I was very excited to get on the ARC team for this book, and just in time for it to be my vacation read. And it was a fun vacation read at that, as you can see from the cute cover. 

I'm actually in the middle of reading the first book- Friend(Shipped)- on my Kindle, so it was not my first time in the small Ohio town that I will not even attempt to spell (but Ohio forever!), and it was great to return. 

Duke was a really fun character with his boyish charm and flirtiness that had everyone doubting if he'd ever commit. Little do they know that he's hopelessly committed to his crush . . . and his best friend's little sister. And the chemistry between them was great; they were truly meant for each other. If they can only figure it out at the same time . . . without letting everyone else in on it.

Also, the best part were the text conversations. Shannon should not be allowed to have a phone. I laughed out loud several times over her antics and the way Duke just went with it.

*spoiler* I'll also just mention that when a certain someone walks in on certain someones, more grace should have been afforded. I can understand the shock and betrayal. Let him say whatever day one, and only start the discussion on day two or whatever. *end of spioler*

Note for more sensitive readers: the heroine has a really tragic backstory that bothered me. Also, for really sensitive readers, there's a lot of noticing of physical attributes as well as personality.

Anyway, if you love small town rom-coms and brother's best friend romances, this is for you.

Add to-read on Goodreads 


 

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack