Agents:

Review of The Designated Friend by Drew Taylor

Braxton

I’ve always been the designated friend to Hadley Dawson, and I’d do myself good to remember that. Heck, I’m only on this road trip because she broke up with her boyfriend.

But can I confess something?

I’m in love with my best friend, and I have been for twenty years.

This romantic road trip to her friend’s destination wedding is the perfect opportunity to make my best friend see me as more than her loyal Labrador and more like the type of lover she swoons over in those romantic suspense books.

Hadley

I thought I’d found the one, then he cheated. So now I’m stuck going to a southern wedding ALONE, which is taboo in my culture.

Unless…

I ask my best friend, whom I’m very much attracted to but definitely do not deserve, to go along with me. I mean, he’s never said no to being my stand-in date before.

The problem? I planned this road trip to Virginia for a couple, which means one-bedroom hotels, romantic cabins, and don’t even get me started on the activities.

Oh heavens, I’m toast.

The Designated Friend is a sweet best friends-to-lovers road trip romantic comedy that is full of sizzle without the spice.

Pre-Order Now! 

 

I was really excited to get to read an ARC copy of this because I love a good rom-com, the cover is so cute, and friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. And this book definitely lives up to all expectations!

Braxton and Hadley are obviously meant to be. Everyone can see that, even Braxton. But there are plenty of obstacles between them. Now they're both single at the same time, though, and she needs him to accompany her on a romantic road trip to a wedding after her boyfriend cheated on her. 

Braxton is ready to show that he can be the last boyfriend she ever needs, but Hadley is sure she doesn't deserve his love even though he's always been there for her because there's parts of her life he doesn't know yet.

Oh, and Braxton is a Christian, but Hadley isn't. But I think that's a lot bigger deal to Hadley than to Braxton, who was determined to pursue his soulmate no matter the cost his soul knew would be required.

Despite these things threatening to tear them apart, the characters' shared bond, pasts, and chemistry kept them together. But will their love for each other be enough to overcome their personal traumas, temptations, and tribulations? It's well worth the read to find out!

Note to more sensitive readers: the heroine was assaulted in the worst possible way in her past and though nothing is elaborated on in detail, it is, of course, terrifying. 

Add it to Goodreads

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack