Agents:

Weekend Briefing: Book Launch

Welcome back, agents- though, today we're celebrating not another spy book, but my debut into fae romance, Embrace of Shadows. It is my second "romantasy" release after Betrayal & Banditry,  currently releasing on Kindle Vella. But back to EoS. 

 Check out early reviews on Goodreads

I'm celebrating its launch with a scavenger hunt. You'll have through next Saturday to seek and submit answers.

The prizes:

The prey:

I look forward to hearing from you!

 
She’s a mortal with no memories.
As her fae liege, he knows only that he must protect her.
But is he her hero . . . or her captor?


Salma knows only her own name. She doesn’t even remember why she’s ill. Then a fae lord who claims he knows her snatches her back to his manor, and she learns that some things are more sinister than death. Like the Court of Dusk where everyone seems to know more about her than she does and nightfall is a deadly affair.

Adom’s book of truth tells him that the woman he doesn’t recognize is a vital member of his household. But the Manor keeps its secrets well, even from its own master. And even the Shadows seem to want the beautiful, mortal nuisance he has pledged to protect.

As the threat of an invasion from night itself continues to mount, Adom knows there will be consequences if he can’t protect her. And Salma wonders if she can trust him to protect her from himself. Because sometimes Adom isn't the begrudging, aloof fae he appears to be. Sometimes he's someone— or perhaps something— else.

The beginning of a haunting, slow-burn, closed-door fae romance with elements of Beauty & the Beast, Hades & Persephone, and Egyptian mythology. Perfect for fans of Sylvia Mercedes, Tara Grayce, and Emma Ham.

Check out the Embrace of Shadow mood boards

 

 

The smoother darkness removes a shining blade from out of its folds and raises its arm, giving me a clear view of the curve of the jambiya. It appears to be an exact replica of the moon that had been shining over me, both in shape and in brightness.

Then that achingly beautiful blade is thrust downward, into the grating darkness.

Which instantly dissolves along with the blade, leaving only the smooth darkness.

Even if I weren’t paralyzed, I would be frozen in place as the smooth darkness stands, the ripples of its cloak mesmerizing me into a trance.

The smooth darkness straightens to its full height and throws off its hood, revealing the painfully beautiful face of the fae lord I disobeyed by fleeing.

That I wish I could flee again as I see the stony expression coming over his face, unable to mask the rage flashing in the dark of his eyes. “I told you it was not safe. This could all have been avoided.”

If he wants to hear my defense, I am unable to give it as he comes to stand over me, glowering down at me in all his glory.

Then he raises a hand to my face.

I anticipate a punishing strike, but instead I feel his fingers gently caress the side of my face, rubbing life back into it.

My mouth opens to gasp, and I gasp again to find that it obeys, though clumsily.

“Unfortunately, Ya Amar, there isn’t the time for me to completely summon you out of your paralysis. Cultists seldom travel without a familiar Shade. Though this one was half a Shade himself, so perhaps we will be fortunate this night.”

"As he speaks, his thumb comes down over my upper lip, gently caressing it before dropping to my lower lip.

My heart shudders while my body cannot at the unexpectedly intimate touch as full feeling returns to my lips ten-fold. “Th-thank you.”

“For saving you? Yes, yes.” He unfortunately drops his hand from my face and moves toward the center of the slab. “But you really must sleep now and let your paralysis wear off naturally. I will see us safely home.” He slides one arm beneath my limp knees, bringing them up, closer to the rest of my body so he can slide his other arm behind my shoulders.

“But . . .” I begin.

He turns to me, his gaze catching mine. “Sleep.”

And though my body refused to listen to me, it obeys him instantly.

- From Chapter Three

 
Official Salma artwork included in the book.


Original Track "My Lover, Where are You?"

Listen everywhere

 
 

“The trick to dancing with a fae and leaving with your soul intact is this.” He begins to sway to music I cannot hear, and I clumsily attempt to keep up, resulting in my over-keeping up.

“Don’t get lost in the spell of the music, the dance, or your partner.” Lord Adom steadies me as I start to find my rhythm. “Your partner will utilize any and all party tricks to glamour you.”

“Then I shouldn’t dance with him to begin with. I should be . . . singing. That is what you determined my position to be, was it not?” I cock my head at him. “To be your minstrel?”

“And you shall be, more often than not. But you still need to be prepared. Look into my eyes.”

I lift my chin to obey, and my gaze connects with his like the compass needle finds the north. The longer I stare, the more drawn in I feel, as though if I could just lean in a little closer, the stormy sea of his eyes could sweep me away to a world more beautiful than this one . . .

Thunder booms, and I start before realizing I was hearing only a clearing of a throat.

Blinking rapidly, my vision clears, and I find myself looking at a frown.

“You fell under the enchantment faster than even I was anticipating.” Adom clenches his jaw and looks at me like I am Pandora’s box itself, nothing but trouble.

“I did not,” I mutter weakly.

He sighs, apparently too weary to argue. “Again.” He continues to guide me across the floor.

The warmth and even security— though a false security, to be sure— of his grip is almost enough to lull me to that strange state of sleep wakefulness filled with dreams even without looking at him.

But I will not be weak. I blink myself back to wakefulness as much as I can and then raise my gaze back to his.

And I feel myself standing at the brink of a ledge. But instead of death lying below, I see only the most inviting ocean. One step, and I could swim in it. The breeze is already tugging at my hair, my skirts, trying to help me in . . .

I take the step, arching my face upward.

Until a finger comes down, pressing against my lips and startling me off that cliff and into a ballroom.

And inches away from Lord Adom’s face, my puckered lips touching his finger that he holds up as if scolding a child.

He groans. “You are no good at this at all.”

- From Chapter Eighteen
Original Track "My Lover, Where are You?" Instrumental Version.
 



Coming soon:

-Audiobook

-Special Edition Hardback

Want to get a glimpse of the sequel?


***Warning: Contains spoilers for Book One***

She is his greatest weakness.
He is her grimmest threat.
They need to break their fate-bond or die.


Salma is haunted by the truth of who she is and why she was brought to the Manor. She must break the tainted bond she shares with its Master without him learning the truth, or die. Their kiss can mean nothing to her if she is to survive. Especially when the Shade bite she received is even now tainting her blood, twisting her soul, and turning her into a creature of the night.

Adom’s memory is becoming more and more unreliable, and the voice in his head is becoming harder and harder to resist. His Book of Truth tells him that he must, though, for a sacrifice is required on the full moon, and Salma is key. No matter how much the voice whispers its intent to kiss Salma, kill her, and take control of Adom completely.

Their only hope lies in the stories woven by the man in the tower. But can Salma truly trust the faceless being whom she cannot help but visit every night, lured by his dark song? After all, it is never wise to bargain with the fae. Especially in a realm where every kiss is a betrayal and a fate-bond can drag all the worlds to the
Duat.

The continuation of the slow-burn, closed-door fae romance with elements of 1001 Nights, Phantom of the Opera, and Egyptian mythology. Perfect for fans of Sylvia Mercedes, Tara Grayce, and Emma Ham. 


 
Join me all next week as Embrace of Shadows  tours with Emstar Book Tours.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack