Agents:

Review of Faking it with my Best Friend by Kate O'Keeffe

The two of us have been best friends forever. But one of us is faking it.


Ryn
Gabe and I are the dynamic duo of Hunter’s Creek, the small town in Washington where we live. As best friends, our bond is as tight as a bungee cord. But even though he’s loyal, sweet, and totally hot in that flannel-wearing lumberjack way of his, he’s always stayed securely in the “friend zone”—despite the fact I was head-over-heals in love with him in high school.

Just as I’m complaining that nothing ever happens here, Hollywood comes to town bringing its over-the-top movie madness energy. Along for the ride is Hollywood hottie Joe Turner who turns my head in a big way.

Gabe does not seem pleased.


Gabe

Do you know what really gets under my skin? No good, full-of-themselves Hollywood guys named Joe Turner who hit on my best friend. Doesn’t Ryn know that she deserves so much better than that guy? He’ll use her up and spit her out when he leaves town.

Yet, no matter what I say, she goes for him anyway. And I’m not happy about it.

Who am I kidding? I hate it.

What’s more, the Hunter’s Creek Ladies Committee, aka a bunch of women with nothing better to do, have been trying to matchmake Ryn and me forever. They seem to think that the simple fact we’re both single means we’re perfect for each other. Listen up, it takes more to fall in love than to think your best friend is the most beautiful, clever, kind-hearted, and funny woman you’ve ever met.

Wait.

Could they be right?


Faking It With My Best Friend is a best friends-to-lovers romance set in the small town of Hunter's Creek, Washington. It's the second book in the Second Chance Café series. Each book follows a different sister's love story and can be read as a standalone novel or as part of a series.

Check out on Amazon

Released Today!



Friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. These two definitely have that dynamic down, having grown up together and now being inseparable. The entire town ships them, but they both insist that they are just friends. And they are great friends who both have some growing up to do if they are ever going to face the fact that they can be more than that.

The small town shenanigans was fun, as the younger population gets entangled and the older generation match-makes. It all seemed so normal and day-to-day, which is where true love best grows. This story also made me curious about the other sisters' stories. 

Note to more sensitive readers: I can't think of anything.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own. 

This book is perfect if you're looking for some old-fashioned escapism.









Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack