Agents:

Review of Meeting at the Altar by Kristine W. Joy

I signed up to marry a stranger on reality TV. Turns out, the bride is someone I know. And I'm pretty sure she still hates me for what happened between us in high school...

I knew the terms: marry a stranger on the spot, handpicked by “experts” just for me.

But that’s not what’s happening.

My bride is no stranger. And she’s wearing a black dress reminiscent of the one she wore the last time we spoke … at prom.

Surely she’s gotten over what happened at prom by now.

Except ... it only takes me about five minutes to realize she hasn’t. And now, I’m married to the one woman I did wrong in my life.

But she still trembles at my touch.

Either this is about to be the biggest mistake of my life, or the greatest second chance in history.

And all of America gets to watch it...


Meeting at the Altar is a sweet, small-town, second chance, marriage of convenience RomCom full of sizzling chemistry while keeping the bedroom door closed. It's the third standalone story in Kristine W. Joy's series following the Brothers of Lucky Seven Ranch.

Check it out on Goodreads 


I have never watched even one episode of reality television featuring dating or marriage, but I do love reading books about them! This book reminded me of some of my favorites in that subgenre, and was just so fun. They were supposed to be strangers, but instead they were almost highschool sweethearts torn apart by his mistake.

If I thought I loved the premise, I love the execution even more! The hero is reminiscent of Mr. Darcy, being eligible (before he's married, of course) on paper, but not in possession of a whole lot of people skills. And the heroine is just trying to keep her business afloat without going off on her new husband on television. The chemistry between these two was palpable, and the banter was on point. The book was a really fun escape from reality, and I only wish it was longer.

Note to more sensitive readers: there are a few innuendos.

I would recommend this book for romcom readers who love this genre anywhere as much as I do.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

 Check it out on Amazon

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack