Agents:

Review of Just a Football Star by Deb Goodman

 

He’s a competitive ex-athlete. Which is code for “He’s gonna break my heart.”

When I started my career as a sports trainer for professional football players, I didn’t understand the dangers involved. I thought my knowledge and next-level love for the game would be all I needed to treat and motivate the guys.

Now? It’s all gone. I’m unemployed, unboyfriended, and I’ve rage-booked a week’s stay at a fancy, remote resort to try to heal from the havoc.

Enter Alec. Not only did he used to play for the exact team I’ve gone running and screaming from, but the frustratingly handsome man is harboring a jumbo-sized chip on his shoulder from his career-ending injury.

He’s so broken, I can’t not help him with his knee while I’m here. I’ve always loved a good project.

Except, after awhile, I find myself in irresponsibly close quarters with him. I’m getting glimpses of his goodness and suddenly, I want to know all about him.

What makes him tick?

There is one thing I know.

When I finally figure him out, everything will change.

Just a Football Star is a sweet, small-town, closed-door romantic comedy with all of the sizzle and none of the spice! It lightly touches on the death of a significant other in the past and an addiction in a former relationship. However, there’s also an adorable puppy named Jerry, the meddlesome antics of Aunt Stella, and no one cheats on anyone. Plus, mysteries surrounding those intriguing Tate Brothers will begin to unravel.

Check it out on Goodreads 


A former football star and a former sports trainer collide (well, mostly he collides with the floor) at a resort where they have both  fled to after one losing jobs to hide from heartbreaks. Of course, no matter how reluctant they are, their shared experiences- including both having worked for the same team- draw them into orbit with each other.

The characters are both dealing with issues that the other person seems to personify, which is a fun way to force them to process things. There is also the Only One Bed trope, so they really have to face each other. I loved meeting the entire Tate family as a whole, and look forward to reading about Sebastian.

Note to more sensitive readers: I do not recall anything objectionable.

I would recommend this book for romcom readers looking for an escape to a resort.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

 Check it out on Amazon

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack