Agents:

Review of A Wedding (Mis)Match by Kaylee Baldwin

 

Let’s play a game: Two truths and a lie.
1. I am a self-help influencer who is a hot mess.
2. If I don’t get some quiet time between planning my sister’s wedding to finish my book, Happily Single, I’m in hot water with my publisher.
3. I’m blackmailing the hot grump next-door into letting me live with him until this book is done.

Okay, they’re all true, but what’s a desperate girl to do?

Then while cleaning out the house Asher (the above-mentioned hot grump) inherited from his grandpa, we discover a box of secrets his grandpa has been hiding for years. Not his grandpa’s secrets, oh no—but everyone else’s in The Palms Retirement Center. As everything from embezzlement to natural hair colors are revealed, Diamond Cove is suddenly on guard—including my Grandma Winnie.

It’s fine (wait, there’s the lie!), as long as no one figures out my secret, since I may be keeping the biggest one of all. Because here’s another truth: After meeting Asher, I’m wondering if I’m actually Happily Single after all.

Check it out on Goodreads 


This is a fun rom-com with a beachfront setting. Tropes include grumpy + sunshine, roommates, he falls first.

First of all, I love turtles, and this book has TWO of them. It also had a fun combination of some fun tropes that mixed well with some of the deeper messages of the book. The hero is processing grief, the heroine is struggling with perfectionism, the family's stress planning a wedding, and the retirement community's drama with secrets being unearthed. Though, the heroine being divorced did make it harder for me to fully enjoy the romance. Still, I really loved the hero, quietly pining for the heroine despite himself. Despite their stark differences, their romance was very sweet after she barged into his life.

Note to more sensitive readers: there isn't really anything, except for some of the sensational secrets revealed in the older generations' pasts.

 All in all, a longer rom-com perfect for a weekend at the beach.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

 Check it out on Amazon



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack