Agents:

Review of Making the Cut by Ash Keller

 

One man is a blast from the past. The other is my brother’s best friend. Will one of them make the cut?

“How’s your love life?” Four little words designed to cut to the quick. Who knew mean girls grew up to be PTA moms?

Besides a short summer fling when I was 19, I’ve had no love life to speak of—and everyone knows it. But there are a couple of things they don’t

That I have feelings for my brother’s best friend. I’ve always been sure that Bishop saw me only as a surrogate little sister. But lately, things between us have felt… different.

The identity of my teenage son’s father. Honestly, I’d like to know, too. When I found out I was pregnant, I’d tried to track him down at his university, only to discover that no one with his name had ever been enrolled.

The thing about towns as small as Friendly is that secrets never stay buried forever. And this summer, mine are all coming to the surface. Whether I’m ready or not.

Making the Cut is a short and sweet romcom sugar bomb! It's a standalone novella. Low angst. Low heat. All the feels.

Check it out on Goodreads 


This is a really breezy romcom with a beachfront setting. Tropes include later-in-life romance and brother's best friend.

I really emphasized with the heroine, who feels time passing her by, and watches everyone around her moving on with their lives while she is trapped in the same place. What she doesn't realize is that Bishop is trapped there right along with her. I wish I could have seen more of her interactions with a character introduced later, but I loved the chemistry between her and Bishop.

Note to more sensitive readers: heroine had a son out of wedlock 19 years ago; also, she learns that her mother has a boyfriend in a very awkward way.

 All in all, a short, sweet story that is absolutely perfect to take with you to the beach.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

 Check it out on Amazon



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack