Agents:

Review of Wild about my Neighbor by Anne William


What is Luke Tesson doing here, posed in downward dog?
He usually avoids me.
And I’ve always pretended I don’t notice him.
But how am I supposed to look away when he’s got a baby goat balanced on his behind?
From the first moment he moved in next door it was instant-sparks.
If I were to be honest, it felt like insta-love.
But insta-love is insane, and risky.
I am highly risk-averse, so I quickly turned that longing into looking away.
Due to our thin walls and his annoying antics, it eventually turned into loathing.
But now I find myself in a wild world of trouble.
I have an apartment full of baby goats that I somehow am the owner of (whoops).
Despite my best efforts, I find myself looking for help next door. To him.
And not just because he’s insanely attractive, he’s this small-town’s veterinarian.
Will this epic mishap reinforce my belief that risks always end badly?
Or, will this be the best thing that’s ever happened to me?

This heartwarming, hilarious romantic comedy is closed door but has all the sizzle, swoon and happily ever after you’re guaranteed to love. Timeline wise, this book is set right after Wild About My Fake Fiancé, but the entire Wild About You Series are standalone stories and can be read in any order.

Check it out on Goodreads 



This book was a quick, fun read. Neighbor romances are a favorite trope of mine, and these two both living and working right next to each other was super fun. I loved the chemistry between them even if the heroine most definitely did not, and I laughed out loud at several scenes. It was a great escape until the end made me rather sad. It's the ending of the book, so skip the next paragraph if you don't want anything close to a spoiler.

What saddened me was that while most romances end with the hero proposing to the heroine, this one replaced that with him asking to not be her neighbor anymore, but her roommate. I do not view cohabitation with benefits and without vows as romantic, and it honestly stressed me out that they would taint what they had. 

Besides the above issue, though (all closed-door, of course), this was both fun and funny, and a great way to escape the world for a little while. Loved the goats!

Note to more sensitive readers: the above concern and some innuendos.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

 Check it out on Amazon


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack