Agents:



And now, an excerpt from Kristian Clark and the American Agenda, Book One: Agents Adam and Eve-


The NEOs,” I mutter, lowering my binoculars. “To think, they’re practically the good guys in this world because of the sheer villainy of the Invaders.”
Hey, don’t just blame our world,” Garret says behind me. “It’s you who’s doing most of the villainy.”
I shoot him a glare. “We’ve been through this, Agent Shadow. I’m not the one responsible for this. I have done nothing but try to fight against this.”
I know, I know, buddy-” He thumps me on the back with his big, meaty hand. “You’re not the guilty one.”
He doesn’t say anything more, but I can practically hear the unspoken words between us. I’m not the guilty one because his friend is.
His friend with my face.
My Alternate.
But I’m telling you,” Garret adds. “The NEOs here aren’t so bad, and we need the resources-”
I bring my fist down on the counter. “No! Do you not remember what they did to her?!” My eyes slide shut at the memory of the death I was too late to stop.
Who’s ‘her’?”
We both jump to hear the sweet, light voice of Amelia coming up behind us.
For a moment, I’m frozen as, once again, I thank the heavens for another chance to see the angel with longish brown hair framing the innocently beautiful face lit by bright eyes.
Amelia, who should always be alive. Amelia who should be dead. Was dead. Yet still alive. In another world.
Garret approaches her first, catching her in his arms and twirling her around. “There you are, my love.”
I lower my gaze, ashamed once again to catch myself staring too long at another man’s wife. “Look-”
When neither respond because they’re too busy gazing into each others’ eyes, I clear my throat. “Look, I’m grateful to have you two on my side. Especially with my team in hiding since the Invaders killed Bianca’s partner.”
Garret and Amelia manage to disengage themselves and give me as much attention as they ever do when they’re together.
I sigh. “I’m just glad not all the aliens are seeking to devour this place. There are already enough bite marks from our own citizens.”
Amelia pulls away from her husband and puts a hand on my shoulder.
I tense.
But her words are gentle. “Don’t worry- there is still enough life in this world and enough good in our own world to redeem the both of them.”
Of course, I nod at this. How could I but agree with anything that flows from her pure lips?
But pure or not, I still have a fear deep down that only one world will survive this. Only one people.
And only one Kristian Clark.


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack