Agents:

Fists of Injustice Excerpt


I wake with a start in the back of an unfamiliar vehicle. An unfamiliar sports car, actually. This leather . . . “Wh-where am I?”
Welcome to my mode of transportation.”
Turning slightly, I see Jeremy looking at me through the rear-view mirror before turning back to focus on driving. “You’re not getting any other sudden, violent urges are you?”
I sit up and rub the back of my head that hurts, but feels like it’s mine. All mine. “No… What happened?”
I rendered you unresponsive until you were out of the trigger area of the dormant hypnotism put on you,” Olivia offers from the shotgun seat, not looking up from her laptop.
Jeremy laughs as he switches lanes. “In other words, she hit you upside your head.”
At his words, I notice where the source of the throbbing is on the back of my head. “Oh . . .”
And I may or may not have helped her put you in the back of my car,” he adds. “But before you put up any charges, just know my family has a very good lawyer. An entire law firm, actually.”
I frown.
We need your special insight on what’s going on,” Olivia adds.
Right . . . You mean like the hypnotism, right? Because I don’t know much beyond that.”
Olivia nods. “That’s all you need to know.”
Jeremy laughs again. “I feel like we’re the beginning of a bad joke. The nerd, the goody-good, and the rich kid walked into a bar . . .”
I frown. “I’d never walk into a bar.”
Olivia sniffs. “Alcohol dims the mind.”
Shaking his head, Jeremy turns into the freeway. “Like I said— it’s a bad joke.”

Buckling up, I lean forward as much as my seat-belt will let me. “So, we know where we’re going?”


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack