Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water


Before I can dive back under the waves, I see an object nearby, being thrashed about in the waves. I narrow my eyes and make out it structure to be similar to some other objects that have fallen to the deep to be recycled by my people. Priscilla calls them a boat.
This boat is smaller than some of the others, with only one sail. And right now, it is entirely at the mercy of the waves.
Just like I was completely at the mercy of Cerce’s magic.
I frown at this strange sympathy I feel with the boat, and then I see movement on it. A lone two-legged figure is moving back and forth on the boat in a frenzied manner.
My heart begins to pound with the thought that this might be Cerce, come back to finish me off- but, no, this figure is in pants, and the body is masculine.
Something seems to propel me closer to the ship, and then the figure turns just as lightning flashes in the ocean behind him. The brief lighting illuminates a strong face framed by boyish hair.
And his gaze falls on me.
I gasp as I realize what this means. He is the man I must secure the love of, if I am to play by Cerce’s rules.



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack