Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water

Woman overboard!” he yells over the thunder, and I wonder why. He seems to be alone on the ship, so he can’t be alerting another human. And it seems silly to be informing me of my own condition.
Perhaps there is a hidden message in those words up here. Everything is strange up here.
I swim closer, to tell him I’m all right, and maybe to steal a kiss.
He grabs a red and white tubular device, and moves to the rails.
Suddenly, though, a gust of wind blows into his sail, and it goes flying right toward him. The tip of it hits him on the head, and he goes flying into the ocean with me.
I dive under and make out his form as he sinks downward, his eyes closed, and his blood pooling out behind him.
Panic seizes. Unless Cerce really is like every other two-legged creature, these things can’t breathe under the water like I can.
He’s going to drown, and take with him my one chance to break this curse naturally.
That is, if he isn’t already dead.




Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack