Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water

"Brandon, we need to talk."

My back stiffens at the grating voice, and I turn to find Cecilia standing in my doorway.

Pushing away from the post, Cecilia moves through the shadows toward me. "I don't think Astrid is who she says she is."

Planting myself between the woman in question and the girl who broke my heart, I cross my arms. "Oh? I just figured it was a female thing to hide things from the men in their lives."

Even in the darkness, I can make out Cecilia's wince. "I was stupid, okay? I messed up. I hurt you, and I'm sorry."

"You're sorry, but you don't think I should move on with Astrid?"

Cecilia hugs herself, making her seem far more fragile and vulnerable than she really is. "It's not that. I know we crashed and burned as a couple, but aren't we still friends?"

I press my lips together into a thin line and neither conform nor deny the accusation brought before me.

Read More on Wattpad 


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack