Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water


James drives us to the hospital, and I’m glad he did. Even though we could spring for an ambulance ride, it seems like if we did, this really would be an emergency.

Right now, it’s just a checkup for the girl taking a nap- not unexplainably unconscious beside me- and not some sort of crisis.

If something really is wrong with Astrid, who would we contact? I may not have a lot, but at least James will take the position of next of kin. Will he have to be that for Astrid?

And what will I do? It doesn’t seem right to think of finding a way back to normal life when a woman my age fades away for no reason. Never mind nothing else about her makes sense.

Wincing, I rub my temple with one hand, and continue to hold Astrid’s cold hand with my other.

Read more on Wattpad 


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack