Agents:

Review of Bond mate by Rachel E Scot

She’s spent her whole life trying to prove that she’s more than a pretty face.
He’s spent years believing that he’s no more than a beast.
When their separate battles become one war, their tactics will have to change—if for no one else, then for each other.


Caroline:
I don’t ask for much in life. A constant supply of snack foods, Barbie’s dream closet, and to continue my work as the vigilante of Shifter Haven. Simple, right? I thought so, too. But then he showed up.

Morgan:
I showed up? More like Caroline crashed into my life and broke everything in the process. Including all my rules about never falling in love again…

Caroline:
I don't break rules, I bend them.

Morgan:
...

Caroline:
Okay, fine, I'm a bull in a China shop. Whatever. The point is that even though we beat the bad guy, I'm still being hunted, Morgan's still under fire, and somewhere out there is someone who's in the market for an Elf.
If we thought we were behind the eight ball before, it's even worse now….

Morgan:
And speaking of being behind the eight ball, not only do we not know who we can trust or how to keep each other alive, but I'm also harboring a secret from Caroline...

Why don't I just man up and tell her the truth? Because I'm a coward, and if I tell her the truth too soon, I'm afraid I'll never get the chance to see if that smart mouth of hers tastes as snarky as it looks...

This book is perfect for fans of K.M. Shea and Shari L Tapscott! It's a loose retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and the 2nd book in an urban fantasy trilogy, with book 3 set to come out in December 2023! This series includes an array of fantasy shifting creatures interacting with the mundane human world, and of course, tons of sassy humor and swoony romance. This book has no sex, no swearing, and no graphic violence.


I enjoyed book one and was glad to see all the characters again. This series is perfect as a comfort read. Lots of romance and action, but also so much banter and humor, and the books are long enough to get comfortable.

Of course, the dynamic between Morgan and Caroline was so precious, with Morgan trying to figure out their bond and Caroline having no idea. That seemed like the only secret anyone could keep, since the characters were always tell the others to anyone new on the team they decided they could trust. Must be a shifter intuition thing. But no one seemed to like the newest addition to the household except me. He was hilarious and added another fun dynamic to the shifter subculture. 

Anyway, I'm super excited to conclude the trilogy AND read the companion novel.

Note to more sensitive readers: some innuendos and flippant comments.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

This is the perfect quirky and sweet paranormal romance you've been looking for.

 Check it out on Amazon




Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack