Agents:

The Assassin Bride by Anastasis Blythe

The Selection meets Throne of Glass in this dark and twisted tale of a deadly bridal competition for the hand of a mysterious shadow king.

It is said that the Neverseen King comes for a bride every hundred years. I thought it was only legend . . . until he came for me.

I am one of twelve assassins forced to compete for the hand of our unseen king, who I’m beginning to doubt is even human at all.

Why he needs a bride, much less one who wields a blade, isn’t any of my business. All I’m trying to do is get out of here with my life and my heart intact. I don’t want to care about the mysteries I begin uncovering about the king, about why he never shows his face, about his palace that turns into a nightmare after dusk. I’m just trying to escape. But apparently, my choice is to win this competition or die.

I’m not dying.

And I’m definitely not falling in love with the Neverseen King.

The Assassin Bride is the first in series fantasy romance of an assassin and her Neverseen King, perfect for fans of The Serpent and the Wings of Night, Sylvia Mercedes, and Elise Kova who love dark, swoon-worthy heroes and a sweet (not steamy) slow-burn romance.


 
This is my second time reading this book and I love it even more this read-through! I love Nadira, the regretful assassin, her best friend Eshe the thief, and, of course, the mysterious Neverseen King who is looking for a bride. There was an exotic fantasy world, a bride contest, and a need to be behind locked doors at night- or else.

Loved this book on Kindle Vella, loved it more as an ebook, and can't wait to love it most of all in print!

Note to more sensitive readers: on-page violence and past trauma.

I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

The perfect romantasy book!

 Check it out on Amazon



And here's the second book's gorgeous cover!







Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack