Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water


Standing on the small boat that I first saw Brandon on, I keep a hold of the railing as I survey the ocean we are even now speeding across. It calls to me.

But, strangely enough, its song is dimmer now. Even as another tune has begun in me. One that keeps having me glance toward Brandon.

It was a strangely remarkable sensation kissing him.

Brandon catches my gaze from behind the wheel he’s using to steer the boat, and he grins.

Cecilia takes notice of that from where she’s perched next to him, and she starts chatting him up, like if she talks fast enough, perhaps that will create a spell to bring him back to her. The Ben who apparently is in a relationship with her is lying on a long chair behind her, ignoring everyone.
The other Ben, the taller, darker one, grabs the railing next to me.

“So, I have to ask this,” he says as the wind blows my hair backward- and can’t seem to touch his closely-shaved cut. “But do you have a sister? A close cousin, perhaps?”

My eyes tear up at the mere mention of my sisters and I hold up my hand to show six digits.

“Whoa!” Ben yells. “Six whole female cousins?”

I shake my head.

“Wait...” His jaw drops. “Six sisters?”

I nod. Then, to my absolute horror, a teardrop falls from my face to join the salty ocean water.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack