Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

 

My hologram stands behind my crew as they watch the ship my physical body was driving burn before them.

“That could have been us,” Nicholas whispers.

“We wouldn’t have burned,” Killa counters. “Just fried all the circuits and froze.”

“Oh. Well, that’s much better.”

Orion takes off his hat. “I worked hard on that body.”

Killa turns to Orion. “You don’t think she could feel it, could she?”

“He didn’t design me with nerve endings,” I assure.

Nicholas jumps and yells, “Ghost!”

Orion turns and gives me a sad smile. “Is this all going to be worth it?”

“A human soul is worth a robotic life, even if he is a cyborg.”

I turn to find Rose stepping forward. She gives me a small smile. “No offense.”

“I am incapable of being offended.”

Then we all turn to watch the void of space eventually dull the flames of my ship, too small to combat both the extreme cold and heat of space travel both.

Orion winces and turns back to me. “And how is the ship Silas is on?”

“Stalled and waiting for us to catch up to him.”

“Then that we shall.”

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack