Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

“Prepare to board,” I tell my crew as Silas’s ship appears on our monitor.

Orion again follows my orders, this time checking to make sure everyone else is prepared. Killa preps by checking to make sure all her weapons are equipped. Nicholas checks to make sure he has his snack.

Reverend Shipping has both his hands folded and his head bowed.

“Asking your God for a little extra help?” Killa asks.

The Reverend tilts his head up ever so slightly and cracks one eye open, as though the other is still trained on the God Whom I cannot detect. “Do you have a issue with my imploring the Creator of this vast Universe for assistance?”

Killa shrugs. “Guess we need all the help we can get.”

“That’s what I thought.” The Reverend closes both his eyes again.

“Just maybe take that prayer on the go here,” Nicholas says, brushing the crumbs off his uniform.

Killa frowns. “I think I’d rather him focus on the task at hand than a prayer in action.”

“Everyone brace yourselves,” I announce. “I am boarding, whether all the prayers have been uttered or not.”

Reverend Shipping straightens up, and then takes out a gun he must have borrowed from the armory, because I don’t have him registered for having had a firearm previously.

Killa glances back and then nods approvingly. “Now that’s my kind of prayer.”

Connecting to a stillborn ship is an easy task to do. Without someone on the other side moving controls around, it’s all up to one being to connect, and since space has far fewer places of friction than any planetary atmosphere, there aren’t a lot of concerns other than not knocking the ship further away with a false move.

Thankfully, I am a fine-tuned machine driving a slightly less fine-tuned but still good ship according to an exact algorithm.

A moment later I have successfully docked onto the ship and I’m opening the tunnel.

The crew filters in, with Orion and Nicholas lead the way, their guns out and ready to take down any hostiles.

No one attacks immediately, so they give the all-clear. Reverend Shipping shoves past them and scans the room, searching out his son.

But his son is no longer on the bed I left him at.

“They’ve moved him,” I say.

Before I can gather further evidence of where by going back online with him, Reverend Shipping pulls apart the electronic doors that are no longer so effective and charges into the next room.

Groaning, Orion hurries after him.

Nicholas shakes his head. “Civilians.”

Killa raises an eyebrow at him. “Like you behave any better?”

Online again with Silas Shipping, I find him flopped over the copilot seat, a man wearing a medallion in the captain’s chair.

“There’s one other conscience person on this ship,” I begin. But even as I put that message into their feed, I detect something amiss.

Using my best vantage point from Silas’s cyborg eye, I make out the formerly unconscious cyborg standing by the door, a surgical blade in his hand and ready to be wielded as a weapon.

“Counter that,” I say quickly. “The cyborg is awake. He is by-”

The door between the cockpit and the rest of the ship gets pushed open, revealing Reverend Shipping between, his hands grasping the two doors he’s just pushed apart.

Breathing heavily, Reverend Shipping pushes forward.

“Look out!” I command in his head.

Reverend Shipping jerks his head around to see the initial kidnapper springing at him, while his gun is still aimed at the pilot.

A shot goes off, and then Reverend Shipping drops to the ground with the cyborg on top of him. Then he brings the butt of the gun down on the soft part of the cyborg’s head repeatedly.

 Read more on Wattpad


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack