Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

 


Killa’s hand clenches around the necklace until her knuckles turn white. Then she storms back toward the ship.

Since I don’t have a physical body to restrain her from any potential harm, I contact Orion. “Killa seems to be angry. I’m not sure what her plans are.”

Orion turns as if he can see me. “What do you mean?”

“The man that Shipping killed was a clone.”

“No, the man Shipping killed was a kidnapper.”

“I am aware of that truth as well. However, Killa-”

“I’ll intervene.”

Since I am unable to do the same, I reconfigure my monitoring capabilities at least and search the ship cameras for visual on either of the Shippings and/or Killa.

Reverend Shipping is in the med-bay, laying his son down on the healing bed while Rose gathers supplies.

Killa, I find marching down the hallway.

Nicholas turns to her. “Hey, Killa, did you-”

She shoulders past him and continues her charge toward the med-bay.

“Oh, no,” Nicholas says since even the most unobservant of us all knows how to detect Killa’s rage. Of course, he is often an object of it, as well as makes her an object of affection and therefore study, so it is not illogical.

Orion bounds past him, almost throwing Nicholas into the wall.

“Hey!” Nicholas cries. “What’s all this anger for?”

Orion ignores him and goes into the med-bay.

Nicholas looks up and around. “Alicia Ivy, what’s going on?”

“Killa is irrationally angry,” I answer telepathically.

He grunts. “Isn’t she always?”

“Well, this time, you’re not the object of her fury.”

“Well, best of luck to the unlucky fellow,” Nicholas mutters, and I detect a level of what normally translates as jealous, but it doesn’t follow in the circumstance, so I consider deleting that information. “I think I’ll go bunker down in my safe room so I don’t get caught in the cross-hairs.”

Read more on Wattpad 


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack