Agents:

Excerpt from Upcoming Anthology Collection!

Welcome back, agents! Ready for a sneak peak at the upcoming anthology-for-charity that will tell stories from both a world where fae live among mortals, and a place where alchemy is the science that works.

Tales from Parallel Worlds



(not final cover- illustration from inside anthology)

A collection of faerie tales and adventure stories from two worlds parallel to each other. One is a world filled with fae folk and monsters, and the other is place of clockwork and alchemy. Both are brimming with magic, mystery, and mortals who must find their places within.

Between the pages of these worlds, a boy learns his childhood friend is a dyrad, a lady must sneak away from her own ball to provide the cure to a plague-infected village, a siren has to solve a murder, and more.

Also includes an exclusive short story from the Howling Twenties series, involving the enchanted forest, a wedding day, and a blood moon. 

Be swept away in tales of wonder- with all profit going to Polaris so girls and boys can have a chance to live their own faerie tales and adventures in freedom.


Excerpt of "Merchants of Britain" from Tales from Parallel Worlds:

Lady Manette,” my dedicated tutor gasps as he and I try to inhale what precious oxygen is left in the tower my father and lady mother has banished my alchemy classes to. “I believe… it would be best… if we fled for our lives.”
I take one glance at our quickly fizzing flasks before nodding. Then I demurely lift my skirts before fleeing as much as a lady can.
All my attempts at living out my finishing school classes are for not, though, because no sooner have Tutor and I left the room does the chemicals decompress into a loud boom with a force that sends the two of us very unmannerly against the wall, my skirts flailing about me in a way that would simply scandalize the other girls from the finishing school.
I quickly reassemble myself and smooth down my skirts, pretending that little embarrassment never happened. “Do you think it worked?” Smoke bombs and disguise elixirs I can do, but this was my first attempt at something truly useful.
Not bothering to put his fallen monocle back to his eye, Tutor is already leafing through our potions book. “We had all the right ingredients, and we followed all the processes exactly...”
Blowing one of my many brown curls out of my face, I sigh. “Then why the explosion?”
Actually, it says here that it is supposed to happen.” He looks up with a bright expression. “We did it! Well, we’ll have to test it just to make sure- but we did it!”
I jump up eagerly. “We can bring the peasants a cure for the plague!”
Tutor tries to jump up, too, but he’s a bit old for such things, and it is a much slower and more awkward process than I believe he expected. “I’ll just go run the necessary tests.”
And I’ll go tell my father and lady mother...”

Coming October 26!

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack