Agents:

Intergalactic Witness Protection Excerpt



I am very injured,” Nicholas adds.
Killa grunts. “Well, I’m sure your ego is very injured.”
He points at her- awkward with his gloved hand. “Hey, my ego is an important member of this crew.”
Nicholas frowns. “I regret to inform you, sir, that my ego has put in his notice. He could not take the verbal abuse and menial tasks that were so beneath such an important member of the crew.”
Orion laughs, like he didn’t just narrowly survive the eruption of a Cyrovolcano. Like another one couldn’t erupt any moment. Like he isn’t walking toward the city of his nightmarish childhood that he was most recently assaulted and kidnapped in.
Nobody can say anything against my captain’s spirit. It certainly boggles an AI’s mental capacities.
And, here we are.” Orion glances up at the atmosphere field we are finally standing before. Then he whirls around to face the rest of the team. “Allow me to officially welcome you to the purgatory I fled.”
Nicholas nods. “Pretty homey, as long as we don’t get kidnapped again.”
Killa steps forward and places a gloved hand on Orion’s thick shoulder in an attempt to exchange comfort. “Just know that we do not by any means judge you by where you’ve come from.”
Speak for yourself!” Nicholas yells. “I judge him by all the things.”
Killa lowers her helmet as much as possible. “One of these days, I’m going to execute him.”
Orion grins. “And one of these days, I’m going to look the other way and then open the back shaft after you place a mysterious load in the junk bay.”
Nicholas whirls around to me. “Did you here that, Alicia Ivy? You’re not going to let that happen, are you? Good space robot that you are?”
I give the appearance of a shrug. “Right now I’m a hologram, and there isn’t much I could do to stop them.”
Ugh! Now everyone is choosing favorites!”


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack