Agents:

Heart of Steel Excerpt



Then I notice a tall, blonde boy with an all too familiar features. Though it’s not so much that I know him (I’ve only seen him a couple times), but that I know his father and uncles.
Frederick Masters,” I whisper, trying not to remember when he came to our house and tried to make us agree not to testify against him in court.
The same court sentenced him to four years of reform school and community service.
He nods at me as he passes. “Emily Rogers.” His tone is cool, dangerous. “Christopher Williams.”
Christopher studies him like one would study a potential threat. “So, you really are a member of the Yin Program then.”
Frederick stops walking and turns to face us. “I was excused from my reform school when I was offered a scholarship; someone really wanted me to be here.”
No doubt his wait how would he be related to Mulan Yin? Well, she’s the daughter of his father’s cousin . . .
Anyway,” Fredrick continues, “I’m willing to let bygones be bygones.”
You mean like your family kidnapping mine?”
Yes. And your family putting mine behind bars.”
Jeremy whistles. “Those are some bygones.”
Mulan Yin, a twenty-something Chinese woman with gray eyes, joins us. “It’s time to go to your new location, students.”
Where exactly is it?” Christopher asks.
You shall see soon enough.”



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack