Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


I simulate a frown at his actions. “Don’t you want me to scan for life forms, first?”
Please, I grew up here. I know quite well that no one ventures to the cold side. Ever.”
Except us, apparently.”
He grins at me before moving to make his way to the bay door. “Well, no one is crazier than us, now are they?”
I think I recall a certain Venetian who may claim that title.”
Orion glares at me. “What have I said? No talking about her on my ship.”
Says the one who cries out her name in his sleep. “Well, we’re not on your ship right now, are we.”
Orion keeps his back to me as he moves to the vulnerability in the Just Way. “Don’t say her name anyway. You might conjure her like the devil.”
I scan the area for potential threats as he prepares his blow-torch. “Would this be a bad time, then, to say what I told her to distract her from Nicholas?”
He pretends not to have heard me as he raises the flame to the metal.
Dropping the scan, I enter into his conscious, so he can hear me above the noise of the tool. “I told you you still loved her.”
Orion drops his flame torch.
And then I told her not really.”
He almost falls over reaching for his flame torch. “Alicia Ivy-”
Something skitters past us.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack