Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water

I use my hands to grip the sand and propel me up onto the beach beside him so I can stare down at him.
His skin is so pale, and his lips are blue. Is that the way two-legs are supposed to appear?
They’re supposed to be breathing, that I know.
Resting my hand on his chest, I do the only thing I can think to fix it. I summon the water in his lungs to obey my touch.
My prowess has never been queen level when it comes to water manipulation, something I always tried to hide from my sisters, but there is no room for error now. Not if I want to see my sisters, weaknesses and all, again.
I feel the connection with the water, and praying I’m not drawing out anything his body truly needs, I move my hand up his chest, to his neck, and then trail my hand up to his jaw.
Then, suddenly, a splitting pain pierces my fins.
Wishing I could out, I glance down to see a horror. My fins seem to be growing. No, not growing- splitting apart.
Silent screams rack my body as the force of the dark magic pushes me back onto the sand, my fins raising slightly with the momentum.
So I can see my beautiful scales fading away, becoming as flesh-like as my arms.



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack