Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


My consciousness returns, and I lift my heavy body from the ground, conjuring my memory banks to fill in the blanks of what left me on the floor in Orion’s room.
Wayta.
Who is no longer here.
My body takes off running toward the door, but I don’t have time to be encumbered. I re-log into the ship’s systems.
I make a scan for Orion’s DNA, the basic algorithm of which is pre-logged into the ship’s hardware. I get a positive.
But I can’t seem to make the machine do a more focused search and ascertain that there is only one individual with Orion’s DNA onboard. The algorithm wasn’t made to be so precise, apparently.
A grave error on the manufacturer’s part, considering the existence of shapeshifters.
Turning all my cameras on, I locate Orion quickly, walking casually toward the cockpit.
Setting my body on route toward him, I materialize a hologram in front of him to stall.
If it is indeed him- or even a him.



Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack