Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

Animating the backup android body in Orion’s closet he wanted to add a few updates to before ‘surprising’ me with it, I use its physical hand to open the door and walk out. The movements are awkward, and I can see where the upgrades were supposed to go.
No matter, I can still see through this thing. More importantly, I can see only what is right before me.
I turn the head in an 180 to get a full perimeter.
Just in time to see Orion come plowing into his own bedroom, blaster out.
He aims the gun right at me. “Disarm the lasers and press hands on the wall.
Orion,” I say. “It’s me, Alicia Ivy.”
Orion narrows his eyes. “What is your code?”
One, zero, one, one, zero.”
He slowly lowers his gun and sighs in relief. “Blast it, Alicia Ivy, you scared me to death. You weren’t supposed to know about the exoskeleoton, and then the control panel was telling me it activated.”
I apologize, captain.”

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack