Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water

 

I smooth down the blue garment that James referred to as ‘sun dress’ when it was first purchased. I’m not sure why it’s called that, except that something intangible about it reminds me of what it feels like to have the warm sun shining directly down at me.

It is one thing nicer up here than in the ocean; not to be so distant from the light. To feel its warmth and only its warmth, like kisses on my skin.

Like Brandon’s kisses on my skin.

With one last fluff of my long locks that seem so different now that they aren’t always hovering around my face, I hope that I look like a proper party guest up here.

I take a step before realizing my feet are unshod. Then, even though I don’t want to, I slip my new feet into my newer shoes and make my way downstairs.

Cecilia looks up from where she’s directing complete strangers who are carrying even stranger objects of various shapes and colors, looking somewhat like a queen in her own right.


Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack