Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

 

Orion is trying not to wince as he tugs his boots on.

“You don’t need to hide your pain from me, sir,” I say. “You know I can read your nervous system anyway.”

Grunting, Orion drops his foot and glares at me. “I already know I don’t have any privacy from you, Alicia Ivy. But can’t I at least have a little pride?”

“You have everything to be proud for, sir. You have a loyal team of officers and save lives frequently. You have done well for yourself by any standard, sir.”

Orion grunts again. “I also have a family of space criminals and a past tainted by the murder of my own father- as well as the countless lives he himself cut short.”

“And you pulled yourself out of that condition of life,” I counter. “Created a better one that, as I mentioned, is a much healthier family unit that does productive work.”

“Goodness, Alicia Ivy,” Orion says with a playful smile, “you sure know how to talk to a guy.”

“Well, I was programmed by the best.”

Orion frowns. “As in the best programmer? Or the best person to talk to guys? Because that was never what I was going for…”

“The best programmer. Killa is much more skilled than you at putting Nicholas in his place than you.”

“Um, thank you?” Orion frowns. “I think?”

Read more on Wattpad 

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack