Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection

I cross my hologram arms. “Or we just haven’t had the opportunity to land on earth and get upgraded yet.”

The official pauses for a moment, as if to consider that option for that moment. Then he shakes his head. “You follow us nicely, AI-”

“Alicia Ivy,” I counter, knowing that’s what Orion would say if he were able to move his lips at that particular moment.

The officer does a double-take at me as he begins to maneuver Orion’s form away from the ship. “That doesn’t sound like a villainous type name. Are you sure it’s not Hal or something?”

“I reject that stereotype.”

He smirks as he continues to propel Orion forward. “I guess that’s fair. As long as you don’t call me a doughnut-loving cop, I can respect that.”

Since he has my captain in custody, I follow him. “Are you a doughnut-loving cop?”

“Well, who doesn’t love doughnuts? But that doesn’t mean I want to be known about it, or discredited for it.”

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack