Agents:

Day Five of Six in Countdown to Release


So it continues, agents, The six-part review session of Perry Kirkpatrick's The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbot and the countdown to the Saturday release of Tales from Parallel Worlds. If you haven't already, be sure to enter the raffle for a chance at winning either a signed copy of Red Rover, Red Rover or a Jes Drew swag bag with two designer pins, a sticker, and a coaster. Enter Here!

And back to the main events...


Review of A-Spying We Will Go

The fifth book of the series, and my second favorite of them. Emily hasn't seen Brett for a while, and it's strange for her- and us, her readers- to be so alone like this. And now there's something wrong with her dad, and she's in a dead-zone with her church youth group in the woods. But not alone. Brett appears, as does another agent, and everything they'd been trying to figure out grows into a bigger danger to deal with. If they can get out of the woods alive. Because it's not just bad guys and some well-meaning good guys- nature wants a piece of them.

And that epilogue, man. That epilogue...


(Level Seven Classification: Relationship Diagnosis):
Edge of the Tipping Point:
The book begins with Emily dealing with Brett withdrawal, and not having him around makes her think about him more, showing her just how much she likes having him in her life...
And the epilogue shows just how much Brett likes having Emily in his.

 Now, to part two of this blog post-


The fifth and final story in this collection is called "Game of Boo." This is the beginning of a sequel series to The Howling Twenties set in contemporary times, following the exploits of two paranormal cousins: Serena, the siren, and Genie, the dormant mermaid, as they go off to see the world and stumble into paranormal mysteries instead. Also, this one is a retelling of the game of Clue.



Atlanta Georgia, 2020
As Serena parks the car I foolishly let her drive, I smooth down my blue evening dress. I make sure my knife is secure in my garter sheath, and that it’s not showing through my leg slit.
Serena glances over at me and raises an eyebrow. “Are you sure you want to be Madam Peacock? Because if you want to be Miss Scarlet . . .”
I glance down at her red evening dress with an even higher leg slit. Something I’m not prepared to deal with. “We talked about this. The blue would bring out your skin color.”
She just rolls her eyes as she layers more powder on her face to conceal the bluish tint that comes with being a siren. That and men throwing themselves into bodies of water if she stands too close to them.
Grabbing my feather boa, I wrap it around my shoulders. “There will be regular humans here.”
Like you, cuz?”
"I'm not normal." And not just because I'm one sip of the Fountain of Youth from being a mermaid. I'm not normal mentally, either. That happens when you own a paranormal investigation business alongside a siren and simultaneously try to hide the existence of paranormal creatures.
Then there’s the fact that as hard as I try to make Serena seem normal, I have no idea how to after being raised by immortals. I mean, all I know about normal is from reality television and my few months in New York so far. Which hasn't been very typical either . . .
I put the red wig on over my brown hair and then place my feather hat on top before letting the gauze of the hat fall over my eyes. Hopefully, it disguises my appearance enough for this costume party turned murder mystery.
Turning, I see that Serena has already put her flowing, black wig on over her blue hair. She gazes at herself from each angle in the mirror.
I dab on my red lipstick before handing it to her.
She pops her lips apart after applying. “You know they’re all still going to know it’s us.”
What?”
I mean, we go everywhere together.”


What do you think, agents? Have you ever gone hiking? what's your favorite paranormal monster? Comment below!





Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack