Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


My captain reaches for the gun at his holster. "Wayta, stay there. I don't want to hurt you, but the safety of my team and my charges are my first priority."
"Are you scared I might hurt someone you love again?" she asks demurely, her hospital gown, tone, and the way she holds herself making the perfect image of an innocent, injured girl who would never cause anyone harm. "Or, as the case was, someone you hated."
Orion seems to shake off the trance the witch Venetian has placed over him and clenches his fists. "You know nothing about love, and had no right to murder my father."
She shrugs one shoulder nonchalantly. "I never claimed to. I never claim a right to anything. But I do make it my privilege to complete my bounties."
Moving closer to my rigid captain, she walks her defiling fingers across his face. "And sometimes have a little fun along the way."
Orion remains frozen under her medusa touch for a long moment, and I consider re-weaponinizing our ship again.
Then, suddenly, Orion grabs that defiling hand, as well as the other, and spins her around to press her against the wall while he handcuffs her wrists together.
"You, Wayta, are under arrest."
Wayta blinks and holds Orion's gaze for a long moment. Then she throws her head back and laughs. Just laughs. As though this is all a joke to her. As though my captain is a joke.
I clench my hologrammed hands.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack