Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


There is something to be said about having no body. It is a lot easier to get where I want to be when I don’t have to worry about silly things like maneuvering around walls and finding doors and all that.
Of course, it still has nothing on being in control of my ship and being everywhere at once.
Nicholas,” I say, “do you copy.”
Alicia Ivy,” he mutters under his breath, giving me the impression that wherever he is, it would be dangerous for him to speak any louder. “How do you have a comms? I thought you were temporarily intangible.”
I’m using the emergency line of mental communication I established in your head months ago while you were sleeping.”
He mutters something under his breath before thinking something much louder. “That’s an invasion of privacy.”
I sense him activating his memories, searching them to see what he might have been thinking or dreaming that I might have hacked.
For a moment, I almost consider telling him the truth- that my captain had me establish that connection from the first day he was on our crew.
But then we both remember that there are more important issues at hand to deal with.


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack